The ASLM LabMaP program is a data heavy project. While tools have been created to make it simple and straight forward, a dedicated staff person to support the data processes, is key. Specifically, it will be helpful for a team carrying out the lab mapping to have a proficient data analyst or quantitative researcher in the team. We have identified requirements for this individual, they are divided into 4 categories:
1) Data management:
- Basic data cleaning and management skills (e.g in excel, search & replace, filter, formulas)
2) Data analysis (the order below is by the frequency of the task)
- Data quality analysis (use formulas or graphs to find outliers, empty cells, invalid characters, invalid coordinates etc.
- Experience in reporting (create slides presentation)
- Experience in creating charts and graphs for display and analysis (at least basic graphs in Excel, pivot tables, SPSS)
- Ability to elaborate indicators or key performance metrics, and aggregate data to extract statistics, sums, medians, etc.
- Experience in advanced visual analysis and dashboard tools (e.g. Tableau, power BI)
3) Basic laboratory knowledge
- Knowledge of biomedical language (understand basic terms & processes - symptoms vs disease, diagnostic, vectors, resistance etc)
- Can Learn or has Knowledge of AMR diagnostic and test procedures
4) Other technical skills
- Basic skills for running scripts in R or Python
- Experience in GIS analysis, spatial analysis (understand latitude/ longitude and precision, shapes and points, KML files)